The Welcome to Michigan Program consists of over 200 events that offer something for everyone! This year’s theme — “Welcome Home” —represents the start of so many new possibilities for you as part of the Michigan Community. There are numerous resources, programs, and other opportunities here for you, and we hope that during Welcome to Michigan you can explore several of them so you can begin to make your time at Michigan really your home away from home!
The full Welcome to Michigan schedule is available and regularly updated on this site and will be available soon on your smartphone using Guidebook!
- New Student Convocation, Crisler Arena, 5:30-6:30pm
State Street Block Party
- Post-Convocation Picnic, Angell Lawn, 6:45pm-8pm
- Escapade, Michigan Union, 7pm-10pm (Doors open at 7pm)
- Artscapade, UMMA, 7pm-10pm (Doors open at 7pm)
- Afterglow, Central Campus Diag, 10pm-12am
Saturday, September 5
- Residence Hall Move In - Day 2
- Destination: Ann Arbor, Argo Park and The UM Arboretum, UM Museum Walk, Kerrytown & Farmers Market, Downtown/Main Street, 11-3pm
- Student and Parent Open House hosted by President Mark S. Schlissel, President's House, 815 S. University, 3pm-5pm
- Happy, Health & Safe Tailgate, Crisler Center Parking Lot, Kipke Dr., 5pm-8pm
- UMix Late Night, Location TBD, 8pm-12am
Sunday, September 6
- Recreational Sports Expo, Palmer Field, 11am-2pm
- Party for Your Mind, Shapiro Libraries, 4-6pm
- Taste of Michigan, Palmer Field; 6-8pm
- Meijer "Back to College" Event, Ann Arbor-Saline Rd, 9pm-1am
Monday, September 7
- Northfest, Bonisteel BLVD. and Adjacent Lawn, North Campus, 11am-2pm
- Pride Outside, Palmer Field, 2-5pm
- Pre-Class Bash, Palmer Field, 5-8pm
Tuesday, September 8
- Classes Begin
Thursday, September 10
- Festifall, Central Campus Diag, 11am-4pm
- Global Education Fair, Michigan Union Ballroom 12-4
- Trotter Community Gathering: It's Worth the Walk, Trotter Multicultural Center, 4pm-6pm
Friday, September 11
- Quere Carnivale, Regent's Plaza, 4-7pm
- UMix Late Night, Michigan Union, 10pm-2am
Saturday, September 12
- UM Home Football Game vs. Oregon State
The “Program Highlights” are large-scale “anchor events” that are intended to include all new students, and all new students are strongly encouraged to attend. All other events are sponsored by student organizations, University departments or other community agencies. To see the complete listing of university events and descriptions, please visit the the Campus Information Center's Events Calendar at events.umich.edu or click here. To Download the full Welcome to Michigan program guide online please visit https://guidebook.com/guide/23864/
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation, e.g., an interpreter or large print materials, please call Services for Students with Disabilities at (734) 763-3000 and ask for Jill Rice.
This request needs to be made two weeks prior to the event in order to make arrangements.
All Welcome to Michigan Program events are held in accessible facilities. New Student Convocation features open captioning and have an American Sign Language interpretation.