The Welcome to Michigan Program consists of over 200 events that offer something for everyone! This year’s theme — “It’s Great to be a Michigan Wolverine” —represents the start of so many new possibilities for you in the Michigan Community. There are numerous resources, programs, and other opportunities here for you, and we hope that during Welcome to Michigan you can explore several of them so you can begin to make your time at Michigan meaningful!
The full Welcome to Michigan schedule is now available on your smartphone using Guidebook! Click the button below to downlaod the guide on your smartphone or view the guide online!
Thursday, August 28
- Residence Hall Move-In begins
- Late Night with Rec Sports, Central Campus Recreation Building 8pm-12am
Friday, August 29
- New Student Convocation, Crisler Arena, 7-8pm
- Escapade, Michigan Union, 8pm-11pm
- Artscapade, UMMA, 8pm-11pm
- Afterglow, Central Campus Diag, 10pm-12am
Saturday, August 30
- Afternoon Home Football Game vs. Appalachian State, 12pm
- UMix Late Night presents Go Blue Mix, Ingalls Mall, 7:30pm-12am
Sunday, August 31
- Recreational Sports Expo, Palmer Field, 11am-2pm
- Party for Your Mind, Shapiro Libraries, 4-6pm
- Taste of Michigan, Palmer Field; 6-8pm
- Meijer Mania, Ann Arbor-Saline Rd, 9pm-1am
Monday, September 1
- Gays Craze, Palmer Field, 1-4pm
- Pre-Class Bash, Palmer Field, 5-8pm
Tuesday, September 2
- Classes Begin
Thursday, September 4
- Global Education Fair, Michigan Union Ballroom 12-4
Friday, September 5
- Inauguration Celebration and Installation Ceremony of Mark S. Schlissel, Hill Auditorium, 3-4pm
- Inauguration Celebration and Installation Ceremony of Mark S. Schlissel Community Reception, Ingalls Mall, 4-5pm
Saturday, September 6
- Go North Block Party, North Campus Diag 3-7pm
- UM VS. Notre Dame Game Tailgate and Watch Party, North Campus Diag 7-11:30pm
Tuesday, September 9
- Festifall, Central Campus Diag, 11am-4pm
Thursday, September 11
- NorthFest, North Campus Diag, 11am-3pm
The “Program Highlights” are large-scale “anchor events” that are intended to include all new students, and all new students are strongly encouraged to attend. All other events are sponsored by student organizations, University departments or other community agencies. To see the complete listing of university events and descriptions, please visit the the Campus Information Center's Events Calendar at events.umich.edu or click here. To Download the full Welcome to Michigan program guide online please visit https://guidebook.com/guide/23864/
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation, e.g., an interpreter or large print materials, please call Services for Students with Disabilities at (734) 763-3000 and ask for Jill Rice.
This request needs to be made two weeks prior to the event in order to make arrangements.
All Welcome to Michigan Program events are held in accessible facilities. New Student Convocation features open captioning and have an American Sign Language interpretation.