> Navigating the University
> Orientation & Academic
> Accessing Your Benefits
U-M Student Veteran Mentorship
To promote a successful transition from the military to the academic environment the Student Veterans Assistance Program has created the Student Veteran Mentorship Program. The Student Veteran Mentors are former/current military students who advise veterans on the trasition to college including:
- Communicating with prospective students before arrival
- Meet with each student individually once a month
- Provide student perspective information on academics, extra and co-curricular involvement and health and wellness
- Provide individual guidance and support to each Veteran student participants over the course of his or her transition process.
- Facilitate easy access to information regarding class enrollment, locations of campus facilities, use of computer network systems and other essential information through regular communication from the Student Veteran Mentor staff.
- Address the needs of veteran students by accomodating their often busy schedlues, particularly those that commute and/or have multiple commitments.
The Student Veteran Mentoring Program is overseen by our Transition Specialist, Phil Larson, who works closely with current and new student veterans.
Point of Contact
U-M Veterans' Network:
Philip Larson - pnlarson 734-764-6413