Transfer Mentor is a paid position for Fall-Winter terms. The position begins in September with training dates during the previous winter and spring. Mentors work approximately 8-10 hours/week. Only undergraduate students with previous experience as a transfer student at the University of Michigan will be considered. Applications are accepted annually beginning in December.
Apply to Be a Transfer Mentor
We have completed our selection process for 2018-2019 mentors. Please check back for future applications in December.
Benefits & Incentives
This paid position within the Office of New Student Programs offers a great undergraduate employment opportunity. As a Transfer Mentor, you will:
- Facilitate groups of mentees to offer assistance, support, and advice.
- Use your creative talents and draw from your own interest and experiences to plan Transfer Connections events and create our newsletters.
- Develop event planning, team building, leadership, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Represent Transfer Connections at campus events.
- Be eligible to work as a 2018 summer Transfer Connections Mentor, May-August 2018
- Earn $10.00/hour and work approximately 8-10 hours/week throughout Fall and Winter terms.