Transfer Mentor is a paid position for Fall-Winter terms. The position begins in September with training dates during the previous winter and spring. Mentors work approximately 8-10 hours/week. Only undergraduate students with previous experience as a transfer student at the University of Michigan will be considered.
Application for Tranfer Connections Peer Mentors for the 2021-2022 cademic year is available here!
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits & Incentives
This paid position within the Office of New Student Programs offers a great undergraduate employment opportunity. As a Transfer Mentor, you will:
- Facilitate groups of mentees to offer assistance, support, and advice.
- Co-mentor with a faculty/staff member at the university
- Use your creative talents and draw from your own interest and experiences to plan Transfer Connections events and create our newsletters.
- Develop event planning, team building, leadership, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Represent Transfer Connections at campus events.
- Be eligible to work as a 2021 summer Transfer Connections Mentor, May-August 2021
- Earn $11.00/hour and work approximately 8 hours/week throughout Fall and Winter terms.