Enrollment Deposit & Uniqname
Before you can register for orientation, you must pay the $300 enrollment deposit (or have it waived by the University). In addition, you must set up your official University of Michigan computing account and get your uniqname. It takes a few days for the enrollment deposit and the uniqname to officially become activated in the University of Michigan system. You will not be able to sign up for orientation until the enrollment deposit and the uniqname have been fully activated in the system.
Orientation invitations will be sent via email to all students who have paid their enrollment deposits, beginning in mid-April. The Orientation invitation will be sent to your UMICH email account.
- If you pay your enrollment deposit prior to April 1, be sure to check your UMICH email account in April for your orientation invitation.
- If you do not pay your enrollment deposit prior to April 1, you can expect to receive an orientation invitation via email approximately 1 week after your enrollment deposit becomes fully active in the University of Michigan system.
Remember, once you receive your orientation invitation, you will not be able to access the online orientation information until your uniqname and Kerberos password have been created, and once created, it can take up to 24-hours before your uniqname is activated in the system.
Register for Orientation
Once you receive your orientation invitation via email, follow these steps to read the Online Orientation Information (OOI) and register for orientation:
- Go to: http://wolverineaccess.umich.edu/ and log in using your uniqname and password
- Select: “Student” tab, followed by “Undergraduate Orientation”
- Select: “Register for Orientation” in your Orientation Center to begin the orientation registration process
It is extremely important to carefully read through the orientation information. If you have questions about orientation, please call ONSP at (734) 764-6413.
Within 24 hours of completing the registration process, you will receive confirmation of your assigned orientation date via email. Your confirmation email will include specific information regarding check-in, travel and parking, and what to bring to orientation. Unless you have received a confirmation email with your orientation assignment, please do not come to orientation. Also, please DO NOT make travel arrangements prior to receiving confirmation of your assigned date. The University will not be responsible for the costs of travel arrangements made prior to receipt of your confirmation email.