Enrollment Deposit & Uniqname
Before you can register for orientation, you must pay the $300 enrollment deposit (or have it waived by the University). In addition, you must set up your official University of Michigan computing account and get your uniqname. It takes a few days for the enrollment deposit and the uniqname to officially become activated in the University of Michigan system. You will not be able to sign up for orientation until the enrollment deposit and the uniqname have been fully activated in the system.
Wolverine Online Orientation Invitation
Wolverine Online Orientation invitations will be sent via email to all students who have paid their enrollment deposits, beginning in mid-November. The Orientation invitation will be sent to your UMICH email account.
- If you pay your enrollment deposit prior to November 1, be sure to check your UMICH email account in November for your orientation invitation.
- If you do not pay your enrollment deposit prior to November 1, you can expect to receive an orientation invitation via email approximately 1 week after your enrollment deposit becomes fully active in the University of Michigan system.
Remember, once you receive your orientation invitation, you will not be able to access the online orientation information until your uniqname and Kerberos password have been created, and once created, it can take up to 24-hours before your uniqname is activated in the system.
Register for an Academic Advising Date
Once you receive your orientation invitation via email, read the email carefully and follow the instructions to register for an Academic Advising Date.
- Go to: http://wolverineaccess.umich.edu/
- Select: “Students” tab at the top of the page,
- Select: “Undergraduate Orientation” tile under the Links section
- Log in with your Uniqname and password
- Select: “Register for an Advising Date” in your Orientation Center to begin the orientation registration process
It is extremely important to carefully read through the orientation information in your invite email and this website. If you have questions about orientation, please call ONSP at (734) 764-6413 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within 24 hours of completing the registration process, you will receive confirmation of your assigned orientation date to your UMICH email account. Your confirmation email will include specific information about Wolverine Online Orientation and next steps.