Registration for Summer 2022 New Student Hybrid Orientation will begin in late April. You will not be able to register for a Virtual Academic Advising Date until you have received an email to do so from the Office of New Student Programs.
Enrollment Deposit & Uniqname
Before you can register for Orientation, you must pay the $300 enrollment deposit (or apply and approve to have it waived by the University). In addition, you must set up your official University of Michigan computing account and get your uniqname. It takes a few days for the enrollment deposit and the uniqname to officially become activated in the University of Michigan system. You will not be able to register for a Virtual Academic Advising Date for Orientation until the enrollment deposit and the uniqname have been fully activated in the system.
Orientation invitations for Summer 2022 New Student Hybrid Orientation will be sent via email to all students who have paid their enrollment deposits, beginning in early late April. The Orientation invitation will be sent to your U-M email account.
Remember, once you receive your Orientation invitation, you will not be able to access the Virtual Academic Advising Date registration until your uniqname and password have been created, and once created, it can take up to 24 hours before your uniqname is activated in the system.
Register for a Virtual Academic Advising
Once you receive your orientation invitation via email, follow these steps to register for a Virtual Academic Advising Date:
- Go to: http://wolverineaccess.umich.edu/
- Select: “Students” tab at the top of the page,
- Select: “Undergraduate Orientation” tile under the Links section
- Log in with your uniqname and password
- Select: “Academic Advising Registration” in your Orientation Center to begin the orientation registration process
- Register for a Virtual Academic Advising Date in which you are available to participate between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. ET
- Your Academic Unit will communicate the exact schedule for the activities closer to your registered session
- Please review the Student Expectations for Orientation prior to registering
It is extremely important to carefully read through the both the invite email, this website, and your registration confirmation email. If you have questions about the steps of Orientation, please email ONSP at email@example.com.
Within 24 hours of completing the registration process, you will receive confirmation of your Virtual Academic Advising Date via email.