Welcome to the University of Michigan!
We look forward to working with you as you start your journey as a Michigan Wolverine. Wolverine Online Orientation (WOO) is required for all new first-year and transfer, degree-seeking students. Due to the impact of COVID-19, new undergraduate students will complete orientation remotely.
We realize that an online orientation program is not the same as an in-person experience. Nevertheless, we are committed to providing the best online orientation experience possible. You will have an opportunity to learn about campus, meet with an academic advisor, talk with current students and register for your first semester of classes.
Wolverine Online Orientation is a remote program required for all new undergraduates. After you have been admitted to UM and paid the $300 EDR, you will receive an email in early-May to begin the Wolverine Online Orientation process. You will be sent an email to your UMICH email account with the subject, "U-M: Wolverine Online Orientation Information" when you are eligible to begin completing WOO. Please do not try to register or complete WOO until you have received this email.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of New Student Programs at (734) 764-6413 or email email@example.com
By participating in Wolverine Online Orientation, you will:
- Understand the academic and community expectations of a University of Michigan student.
- Develop an academic plan with an advisor from your school or college.
- Become familiar with resources available to UM students.
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for your first term of classes.
- Participate in online programming with orientation student staff and other incoming students.
Please be sure to do the following to prepare for Wolverine Online Orientation:
Pay the $300 Enrollment Deposit
This deposit guarantees your spot in the Summer Term and triggers many other processes for you to become an enrolled student. If you do not pay the enrollment deposit, or do not have it waived by the University, you will not be able to complete orientation and register for classes.
2. Create your Uniqname
Your uniqname is your official University of Michigan computing account and email address. Once the University receives your Enrollment Deposit, it takes about 2 days before you will be able to set up your uniqname, and it may take another 24-48 hours for your uniqname to officially become active. Your uniqname is also your new email address. For example, if your uniqname is newstudent, your new university email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please check your emails regularly to this account as all university communications will be directed to it. Information about Orientation will be sent to this email in mid-May.
3. Complete Wolverine Online Orientation
Click on the different sections under "Summer First-Year Admits" on the left to learn more about Summer Wolverine Online Orientation (WOO).
- Under Wolverine Online Orientation you will find a broad overview of Wolverine Online Orientation.
- Under How to Register you will find step-by-step instructions for how to register for your 2-Day Synchronous Orientation Experience, a required part of WOO.
- Under 5 Steps of Online Orientation you will find detailed information about the 5 steps of WOO and how to complete them.
You must have a uniqname and have received the "U-M: Wolverine Online Orientation Information" email (sent in mid-May) before you can complete WOO.