What is the M-Planner?
The M-Planner: Insider’s Guide to the University of Michigan is a 7” x 9”, 200+ page, 52-week planning calendar (beginning in August) and comprehensive student handbook with information about the University of Michigan resources for new students. The M-Planner is an Officially Licensed College Product (through CLC), printed in two colors and coil bound. The M-Planner also features:
- Campus events listed on monthly and weekly planning pages
- Full-color photo cover
- A customized page-finder
- Planning stickers
- Information on campus resources and services
How Do I Get an M-Planner?
The M-Planner is provided to new, undergraduate students when they attend Orientation.
Continuing students or parents who wish to have the current M-Planner can purchase the M-Planner from local campus bookstores, including the Michigan Union Bookstore, Ulrichs, and the MDen. Copies are not available from the Office of New Student Programs.
Departments or student organizations who wish to purchase M-Planners for their faculty, staff, or students may order M-Planners directly from the Office of New Student Programs using a UM billing account. The order deadline for the 2018-2019 M-Planner is January 19, 2018. If you would like to order an M-Planner, please click here.
Advertise in the M-Planner!
University departments and student organizations can purchase banner ads on the weekly calendar planning pages. The revenue from these advertisements will help defray the student’s cost for the planner.
Ad requests and final graphics for the 2018-2019 M-Planner are due January 19, 2018.
If you would like to request an ad in the M-Planner, please click here.
Submit an Event for Inclusion in the M-Planner.
Many students have found the events listed throughout the M-Planner's monthly and weekly planning pages to be very helpful. If your unit plans major events that would interest a large student or parent population, please begin thinking of your 2018-2019 dates for inclusion in the M-Planner! You must submit events by January 19, 2018.
If you would like to submit an event for the M-Planner, please click here.
How to Update Information in the M-Planner.
If your unit has previously contributed content for the M-Planner handbook portion, last year's text will be sent for edits by ONSP staff. Text updates for the 2018-2019 M-Planner are due December 15, 2017. Please respond even if there are no changes to confirm that you would like the same information published again.
If you need to submit unit/department information for the M-Planner, please click here.
Design the M-Planner Cover
The Office of New Student Programs (ONSP) is seeking student designs for the 2018-2019 M-Planner cover. Finalists will be selected by the ONSP staff and displayed for public judging between November 20 and December 8, 2017. The selected designer will be recognized in the M-Planner and receive a $300 honorarium. Top five designs receive free 2018-19 M-Planners!
- Cover designs must be 7" × 9"
- Designs may be full color.
- Download a template to design your cover, or click here for a PDF explaining how to setup the document using another application. The template will contain 4 pages, you are only required to design the front cover (p. 1) for this competition, but may submit other pages if you feel they contribute to your design.
- The cover must somewhere contain the text "2018-2019 M-Planner: Insider's Guide to the University of Michigan" and "Office of New Student Programs".
- If you are looking for campus photos, you can find some on the Michigan Photography Stock Image Gallery, or in the Bentley Image Bank. If you use a low-resolution thumbnail image as a placeholder in your design, and yours is selected as the winner, ONSP will purchase the rights to the image(s) Photo Services.
- If your design uses any photographs of people, you must provide a signed Permission to Use statement for each person pictured. These are not required for images downloaded from the above resources.
- If you would like to use the trademark "Block M" in your design, download the graphic file(s). Also, familiarize yourself with the University's Style Guide for Logos: http://vpcomm.umich.edu/brand/style-guide/logo-guidelines
- Only undergraduate students enrolled at the University of Michigan during the Fall 2017 semester are eligible to be selected as the cover designer.
- Attached information form must be completed and submitted.
- All materials must be received by 10pm on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
All entries should include:
- A completed information form
- An editable pdf file of the design (you may be asked to provide the original files if your design is selected)
- Signed Permission to Use statement(s) for any people photographed
Submitted designs missing any of the above information will not be considered by the Office of New Student Programs.
Proposals and questions should be submitted to: Joe Levickas via email.
All materials must be received by 10pm on Thursday, November 16, 2017.